[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14461 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Sep 10 03:04:00 UTC 2007

>> Re-allow compile after [14435]. Sadly, the aspect changing is
>> still broken.
>
> Nigel, I started working on this but got hopelessly lost in all the
> Quartz views.

Yes. That code was a "Jeremiah special."
Actually very tidy for what it does,
but not for the faint hearted :-)

> We should really just take the output of
> MoveResize() and convert it into matrix form.

Good thought, but I'm not sure that will work with the
different views' varying aspects (e.g. Dock Icon is square).

(but that is a problem for after the DVDV OpenGL crashes.)

P.S. Do you have any thoughts about the Mac-only
setting "Scale Video as necessary"?
Jer and I added this ages ago, for very-low-end HW
that was scaling up in software. (e.g. non-XV)
We always meant to move it into the base class.

With software scaling probably being added in the future,
should the playback profiles have a Scaling selector, too?
e.g. None, Hardware, libSWscale

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Gentlemen,
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | you can't fight in here-