[mythtv] is there any chance to include these changes ?

marek mark_kiddy at wp.pl
Thu Sep 13 07:31:10 UTC 2007

thx Daniel, look at my tickets #3958 & #3959 (vertical distortion and volume check against 14488)

> Isn't being able to open the device more than once a V4L2 requirement?
> i.e. can the driver be fixed instead of hacking MythTV for this?

I think this is possible (maybe I doing sth. wrong) but I haven't so much time for this now -
a little Mythtv "hacking" was faster - box is connected in my living room and my wife sometimes
wants to record something from tv so she can't wait when the things are done ;)
but I'll check this - as I say this is very early stage - but why don't use a chip (saa6752hs)
when it is possible and gives better video, less processing power and less diskspace than recording
analog with RTJpeg (on P4-1.8/256MB mythbackend eats abt 60-65% cpu when using standard PAL res.)?

> That sounds similar to 16:9 Stretch mode, i.e. it's a distorting
> zoom. This may be accepted, but, as is, this patch won't apply
> to mythtv-vid because zooming and aspect ratio modifications have
> been split apart. Create a separate ticket for this enhancement.

yes, it's something like this but without changing picture width. useable when (like me)
have a 16:9 analog tv configured in mythtv as 4:3.
new patch against 14488 (after splitting - I made these changes yesterday) included in trac.

I have a question :
how (and where) video devices (/dev/videoX) are validated in mythtv-setup -
eg. setting as PVR-x50 shows only /dev/video1 (which is v4l2 analog device) and
can't see /dev/video2 (mpeg + v4l2 - modified by me) - so I must change it manually ?

Regards
Marek K.