[mythtv] Backend AutoDiscovery

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Sep 14 17:44:08 UTC 2007

* On Fri Sep 14, 2007 at 04:51:41PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> That'll be exactly why we are looking towards a small embedded DB.

A cached copy of data is fine, but I don't like the idea of having to
backup each frontend's settings from their own individual database
stored on the (perhaps diskless) frontend itself.  Rebuilding or
replacing a frontend would mean I'd have to backup these settings and
restore them.  There are reasons not to go with local (primary) storage
of settings.

Are there any other reasons for going with a local settings DB other
than being able to detach a frontend?

--
Chris