[mythtv] Backend AutoDiscovery

Adam Egger mythtv2008 at bdam.de
Mon Sep 17 11:22:04 UTC 2007

What's the way to override the autodiscovery funcionality? My remote
frontend just can't find the backend. I thought an existing
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt should skip the autodiscovery feature but it
didn't here.

The reason seems to be the rt2500 driver used for wireless on my
backend which apparently doesn't really support multicast (ping
224.0.0.1 doesn't display the BE IP on the FE).
Pressing ESC on the Autodiscovery screen brought me to the actual
mythfrontend but without a connection to the BE. I was able to see all
the recordings in the list so the db connection seems to be ok.

Adam