[mythtv] first contribution

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Wed Sep 19 16:28:02 UTC 2007

>> Shall I  add them to the .h files (as I'm used to doing) or into
>> the .cpp file
>>

> If it is a base class, definitely in the header.
> That way, the derived classes use the same doco.

Alrighty.  From what little I saw so far MythGestures is probably the
best code I've come across in my few minutes of browsing and I emulated
the comments based on what I saw in that class.  I got a little help on
IRC, but mostly it was the shock of not being in Java anymore (where one
class = one file, and you can declare a class as private instead of just
declaring it in the same .cpp file).

So basically now what is the next step?  I run diff on my file versus
the one in the repo's?  Shall I add any parameters to diif?  Does SVN
already include that kind of diff-output-to-patch functionality? And is
there anything special I need to do when submitting the patch to the
bugtracker?
How will I know when the patch is applied?

I'm excited to be joining my first open source project.  Thanks for
putting up with the newbie questions.