[mythtv] Guide video and opengl

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 20 00:52:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 20:40 -0400, Bill wrote:
> I understand from the committ traffic that the current opengl implementation
> does not support video in the guide.  I am curious as to the technical
> reasons for this.  I would be most appreciative if someone could explain.
> thanks in advance

No real technical reason, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Stanley Kamithi is working on a new small video playback
infrastructure that will allow all these different video output
methods to be handled in a unified way and sharing code with
the big video playback methods. Right now adding all the little
playback windows is handled by custom code and has really only
been done well for XVideo playback, and even there there are
severe limitations.

-- Daniel