[mythtv] gcc 3.x compile

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 20 13:59:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 20:12 +1000, Roo wrote:
> On 20/09/2007, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> <snip>
> > FYI The problem is not your compiler, but your OpenGL header
> > files. But this is a problem we want the MythTV compile to be
> > robust against.
> >
> > -- Daniel
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> My compile error is attached below, I am not sure what version of the
> libs is installed but can find out if it is needed.  This is a gentoo
> 64bit amd64 system.

> util-opengl.cpp: In function `void (* get_gl_proc_address(const QString&))()':
> util-opengl.cpp:310: error: `glXGetProcAddress' undeclared (first use
> this function)
> util-opengl.cpp:310: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once for each function it appears in.)

Roo, you have a different problem. One we can't fix. You have completely
broken glx headers. util-opengl.cpp only uses glXGetProcAddress() if
GLX_VERSION_1_4 is defined. The point of the GLX_VERSION_1_4 define is
to tell applications they can use glXGetProcAddress().

With Gentoo there is some command to switch gl headers, try one of the
other ones they offer. You may need to reinstall your graphics drivers
or X.org in hopes of getting internally an consistent glx.h

-- Daniel