[mythtv] New Plugin MythPython and two new MythUITypes for libmythui

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 06:52:36 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> The whole reason Microsoft would have deemed XBMC illegal is the very
> fact that it needs _STOLEN_ software to build it.  You can't get the
> XDK from legitimate sources unless you're an accredited MS software
> developer. That's why XBMC is illegal.  There's also the fact that you
> can only run XBMC on an xbox with hacked firmware, something else
> which isn't 100% legal either.

That's not true. I have no hardware modchip or hacked firmware
(Softmod), yet I run XBMC as my dashboard.

Oh, and XBMC can also be compiled under Windows and Linux without
using a "Stolen XDK".

> I'm going to stay out of the whole python vs 'proper code' debate, but
> I don't think this is going to lower the bar for contributors very
> much at all.

I don't think this will help much either. Unless it's made compatible
with XBMC, or some other engine like it.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston