[mythtv] mythfilldatabase/fillData() doesn't handle tv_grab_combiner well

Niklas Brunlid prefect47 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:40:45 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Sat Sep 22, 2007 at 09:17:49PM +0200, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> > I see that now. That would be the lines
> >
> >   if (currentChanCount < (prevChanCount * 0.90))
> >   {
> >     download_needed = true;
> >   }
> >
> > ...which in my case wouldn't be triggered, since grabber 2 provides only
> two
> > channels, and grabber 1 provides 13 ( floor(15 * 0.90) == 13 ).
>
> That code is checked on a per-source basis, so unless you have two
> grabbers putting data into the same source, then it should work ok
> because on one source you'd have 13/13 and on the other you'd have 0/2.

I have only one source. I get both Swedish and Danish channels through my
analogue cable subscription, which is split and fed to a PVR350 and a PVR500
(e.g. 3 inputs). And I can't split it into two sources since one encoder
(card) can only be tied to one source, and I really want to have all
channels on all inputs/cards...

Anyway, I hacked my local fillData() with a special case for the Danish
channels, and all is well. For now. =)

/ Niklas