[mythtv] saa7134-dvb, no channel lock / scanning with latest mythtv and kernels 2.6.18 , 2.6.21 , 2.6.22

Sven Nielsen post at svennielsen.de
Wed Sep 26 06:47:51 UTC 2007

hi, I was running mythtv (I think last it was 0.20) on previous debian
stable (think I was using self-compiled kernel 2.6.18 ) for a year
without problems.

After system disk crash I had to reinstall completely :-(

Now with current Debian stable (partly upgraded to testing, mainly
desktop-related packages) and mythtv 0.20.2 I cannot get a lock on
low signal channels anymore. Channel signal has always been very low
for alot of channels (20% - 40% according to LiveTV OSD display), but,
as said, _all_ channels locked in fine with previous mythtv/kernel
versions. I have tried kernels 2.6.18, 2.6.21 and unstable 2.6.22, none
of them works.

Using a Pinnacle 300i DVB-t card, module saa7134 / saa7134-dvb with
zarlink mt352 (tuner?)

This seems to be a mythtv problem, since, e.g. with kaffeine, I can tune
in on alot more channels that will not work in mythtv.

Any help greatly apreciated! Please reply if and which debug information
is needed.

Thanks!