[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager forlarge libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Sep 27 22:54:25 UTC 2007

> Slightly off topic, but is there away to move a recording into
> MythVideo? I have (for example) some part of a series on DVD and
> some recorded from TV that I'd like in the same place. At the
> moment I'm using a script I found to move the ripped episodes into
> recordings. The other way round seems more sensible.

Oliver, you could make a User Job that copied
or linked the recording into the videos folder.

Doing the extra stuff (like using nice filenames,
copying the recordings' details, downloading covers,
et cetera) is the hard part.

Here is some doco on User Jobs:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Jobs

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"In this city I confess;
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | god is mammon, more is less.