[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager for large libraries, Add the concept of a 'se

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:11:25 UTC 2007

This sounds great. I'm not much of a programmer, bu i do understand some c++ and will help with debugging if necessary.
I have one suggestion. I like to organize my videos in folders. And one thing that would really help, with your tag thinking, is if it is possible to set a default tag for different folders? And when you put a file in that folder, when it is scanned, it gets the tags from the folder structure above? In that way it is much easier to add a lot of files ordered in folders, and they get a pretty good default tag instead of just recently_added.
Then if you make it possible to add tags to all files in a folder it is pretty easy to add any extra tags that didn't come from the parent folders.
And in the future maybe being able to add other default values to folders, like parent level, so all files added in a folder get the same parent level as the folder. Without having to make changes to every singel file added.

Anyway, getting rid of the videomanager and getting a combined manager/browser would be a great leap forward.

/Stefan