[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r16854 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Apr 1 22:25:34 UTC 2008

>> Ron's patch had a setting to enable/disable the old behaviour, but I
>> think it should just be removed. Note I kept the scroll/jump from top
>> to bottom. That is handy sometimes.
>
> Not only sometimes. I use that regularly.

Yes, I figured some people would :-)

My wife has gotten in the habit of doing
Escape, Select to jump back to All Programs.

> I agree that the current state is much nicer if there aren't enough
> titles/categories to fill the the window. But the not wrapping around
> if there are enough titles looks funny and reduce the discoverability
> of the jump to the bottom.

Fair enough. I will re-enable the repeating
if there are more than container-size titles.
Unless we can think of a better way to do it?

(like a special symbol before the
  first and after the last title?
  Maybe just an ellipsis? :
  All Programs
  Programme A
  Programme B
  Programme C
  Programme D
  Programme E
)

There are also lists where I would like the jump
behaviour to occur (e.g. the "Delete Recordings" list
when I am trying to see the size of recent recordings).

I am hoping that when MythUI is everywhere, that there
can be standard scrolling list options.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Things you own-
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | end up owning you"