[mythtv] build problem

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Mon Apr 7 04:11:10 UTC 2008

>which distro are you using?  I just had this same problem.  Did a

debian lenny

>update-alternatives --config qmake
>
>and that would let me choose which qt to use.

I did this the other day (self evident when I did my first build). this is
not the problem.

the problem is that -L/usr/lib is before all other -L params in a generated
makefile.
this means that it will grab say

libmythtv-0.22.so from this dir ahead of the one in the build tree.
since the one installed in /usr/lib is build with the previous qt3 builder,
it is not valid and has missing symbols. thus the link fails.

so far I havent figured out why qmake-qt4 puts this -L/usr/lib ahead of all
other lib paths.

mark