[mythtv] Qstring::arg ambiguous bug causes compile to fail in win32

Jay Modi jaymode at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:06:35 UTC 2008

here the last bit of the mythtv build output before it stops, any ideas
> which candidate I should use ?
>
> util.cpp: In function `uint myth_system(const QString&, int)':
> util.cpp:327: error: call of overloaded `arg(QByteArray)' is ambiguous

I am not sure if this helps but I did some quick looking into this issue and
maybe the line needs to be changed to QT4's methods? They have been renamed
according to #4 here:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/porting4.html#qstring

I have no idea if this will help at all but maybe try changing line 327 to
this:
QString cmd = QString("cmd.exe /c %1").arg(command.toUtf8()).toAscii();

That is the only idea I have and to me it does not seem like it will stop
the error, but it may be worth a shot.

Jay