[mythtv] Question about becoming a "core developer" (ie commit access?)

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 10:09:15 UTC 2008

HI Guys,
Honest question... I've been wondering what the requirements are to becore a
"core developer"  and/or  to get "commit access", and whether these things
are actually the same or not?

Is it as simple and dictatorial as "Isaac decides?" (which is OK, by the
way), or is it more of a diplomatic/democratic system where oher dev's can
decide/invite?

Is there a criteria for what you must do in-order to be considered?    ( eg:
"post at least X good patches, and create X new features?"   or perhaps "be
involved in the project for X amount of time"? )

Oh, and Yes,
 I did look through the wiki for this information, but didn't find it.  ( I
might be blind though!)

I'm just wondering, because I'd like to be considered. I've been around on
the -dev list just a little while (sometime before sept 2005), and started
posting patches in 2006 (#936 was my first) I also have been quite actively
posting patches/etc for approx a year, including the first repeatable and
automated build env/tools for win32 (on top of andre's great work porting it
there in the first place).

what else do I need to do?

Ta, and thanks for everyone's patience,

Buzz.