[mythtv] Question about becoming a "core developer" (ie commit access?)

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Apr 15 11:18:14 UTC 2008

On 13-Apr-08, at 6:09 AM, buzz wrote:

> Honest question... I've been wondering what the requirements are to
> becore a "core developer"  and/or  to get "commit access", and
> whether these things are actually the same or not?

There is no particular protocol like getting a driver's license, it's
a little arbitrary. The one time I saw Isaac comment was something
like "submit enough good patches that it becomes obvious they don't
have to be reviewed" or words to that effect. Someone else posted
about this recently, probably in the last four months, and it was
similar: make yourself noticed for quality or insight and you'll be
contacted off-list to ask if you'd like to join the group.

I'm not one of the people who decides, just passing on my
observations. For some it goes pretty quickly while others beat the
door for ages and no go.

- George