[mythtv] mythgallery ken burns effect

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 12:01:54 UTC 2008

joep wrote:
> Op Monday 21 April 2008 23:48:28 schreef Stuart Morgan:
> > On Monday 21 April 2008 22:32:43 Paul Harrison wrote:
> > >
> > > Try the patch here:- http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5176
> > >
> > > If it works OK let us know so someone can commit it:-)
>
> Okay, tested the patch with the current trunk version and did 2 minor
> adjustments to make it work.

Glad to see that there is some interest in my patch and that it was updated for the trunk. I'm actually in the process of adding to it as well. The current patch chooses a random location on each picture to pan/zoom to. When  testing this for my wife, she complained that it sometimes would pan to a persons leg or stomach rather than their face; so I found an free (but not open source) C++ face detection library - http://www.kyb.mpg.de/bs/people/kienzle/facedemo/facedemo.htm. I have it working, but it needs a bit more debugging and I'm not sure I'm handling the file installation the right way. (Apparently an fdlib.dat file needs to live in the current working directory when mythfrontend is started.)

Anyway, I'm just curious if their would be interest in this enhancement, and whether it would be acceptable to bundle the fdlib.so and fdlib.h files in mythgallery.

- JS

BTW - I also wrote another patch a few months back integrating mythgallery and Php Gallery -  http://gallery.menalto.com/. This patch was much more dependent on QT3 and the old myth ui, but it was never accepted;
 so, I'm kinda assuming the ship has already sailed on that one....