[mythtv] font char width on some osd lines

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Sun Apr 27 14:31:02 UTC 2008

>now that you understand what was going wrong, do you have any idea why
>most people did not see his problem?

I think its a combo of non 1:1 pixel aspect and 16:9 video aspect. SD DVB
has 720x576 which is 1.25 aspect displayed on a 16:9. I suspect ATSC doesnt
have this limitation. so perhaps I can guess most people might refer to
those using ATSC.
Note I dont think we had as much of a problem with HD DVB 1920x1080 as this
has 1:1 pixel aspect ratio. not that I use this mode much.
the horizontal font scaling previously used doesnt work with most fonts as
they only have 1 charset. the default freemono probably does have a narrow
charset in the same fontfile which is why that one probably works ok.

mark