[mythtv] Use of DBEvent::AddAuthority. and adding DB fields

David Waring david.waring at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 17:25:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

A bit of background: I work for the BBC in their technology Research and
Innovation department. We have a need to show demonstrations of new
features that are proposed for our services. So I'm looking to use
MythTV as a platform to assess and demonstrate new features for
Freeview+ and Freesat in the UK (initially anyway). As part of this work
I need to bring some parts of MythTV more inline with the ETSI specs
(e.g. EN 300 468 & TS 102 323). The plan is to feedback what I can to
the MythTV project. Obviously there are going to be some things which I
demonstrate that I can't release the code for until the specification is
made public (because of commercial agreements, etc.). But I'll do what I
can.

So for an easy start, to ease myself into the code-base, I'm going to
try and tidy up the use of content_identifier_descriptor data to comply
with ETSI TS 102 323 better. What I need to know is:

1. The DBEvent::AddAuthority method, is that only used for handling the
IDs from content_identifier_descriptors or is it supposed to handle
other IDs too?

2. When adding or modifying fields in the database, do I just increment
the DB version and add a new updates section in dbcheck.cpp?

I think that's it for now.

David

--
David Waring, Technologist, BBC Future Media & Technology
Kingswood Warren, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 6NP