[mythtv] Problems with Win32 port script

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:12:05 UTC 2008

Thanks all for your feedback...   the issues you are raising are typically
as a result of the fact that the evelopment version of mythtv is a "moving
target", so whenever it changes radically , it risks affecting the capacity
to build it on the win32 platform (because there are very few developers
developing on the win32 platform).     Thanks for your feedback.... I'll see
if I can answer some of your problems:

1) getting "errors with the qt-3.3.x-p8 folder" - there is one place in the
script where it is runs the "make_build.sh" script.  this script tries to
copy dll's from BOTH qt3, and qt4, which is bad, but because only one of
these should exist at a time, it's a minor annoyance to see the 'failed'
messages. The dll's should be copied by the script anyway.

2) adding a #include <unistd.h> line to schemawizard.cpp file.  I was hoping
that this would have been fixed by now by someone with -commit access, after
I identified it over a week ago.

3) vorbisdecoder.h:34: error: `OggVorbis_File' does not name a type   - I
can only guess about this once, but it's possible that you don't have the
OGG or VORBIS libraries properly installed (please review the steps that
install these libraries), and confirm they are installed as they should be.
re-install manually if necessary.

4) slow download speed  - sorry , but I can't help that.    using the
sourceforge "download" server is actually a dynamic pointer to an arbitrary
download server that may or may not be the same one each time you ty
it.      In 99% of cases, it does work.... and there is an option at the top
of the script to hard-code the specific sourceforge server that you want to
use, to try to get a quicker one.

5) maddecoder.cpp:10:17: mad.h: No such file or directory - I've never sen
this error before, sorry.   perhaps the MAD library didn't install properly?

6) EFFECT FAILED (newer -> shell): mtime of file
(C:/mythtv/mythplugins/mythmovies/mythmovies/libmythmovies.dll) should be
greater than file (C:/mythtv/mythtv/last_build.txt).
[0]  [1218724582]      this error means that the "libmythmovies.dll" file
does NOT exist (zero mtime), and it should exist, AND be newer than the file
"last_build.txt".     If the .dll file is missing, then something went wrong
with the process that builds that, so you have a look at the steps that are
being taken, and see if you can manually follow the steps that the build
script was taking at that step, and repeat the problem, or fix it.    :-)

Ok, finally.... I'll be playing catchup tomorrow , so will hopefully have a
newer version that fixes as many of these issues as I encounter.... and I'll
aim to get it posted (if nigel's about) in the next 48 hrs.

Please keep the comments coming about the win32 build, all comments
welcome!   :-)

Buzz.