[mythtv] MythUI porting

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Aug 19 11:03:42 UTC 2008

> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 09:50:21 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > > I've already toyed with ideas for the language prompt i.e. making it a

<snippage>

> > and St George is the patron saint of England, not Britain)
> >
> > Such things can offend some people.

> I'm one of those people ;)

> The Welsh flag would be used for Welsh, the Irish Flag for Irish Gaelic,
> Scottish Flag for Scottish Gaelic and Cornish flag ... well you get the
> point.
> --
> Stuart Morgan

Actually, you'll find that most people in Scotland do not speak Gaelic (I am
one of the many that does not). And as far as I am aware, the official
language of Scotland is still English. I still have a British passport, and
not a Scottish one. I still have a British drivers license, and not a
Scottish one (I don't even have one of those noncy EU ones). We have a
British Olympic team, and not a Scottish one.

We used to have a Scottish football team, but I'm not sure what happened to
it... lol

So the Union Flag (we could get into a long discussion that it's only a
Union Jack when flown on the bows of a warship), is the de facto national
flag of the United Kingdom - no law has been passed making it so - it is
still officially a flag of the monarch.