[mythtv] Patches in Ubuntu Intrepid

Michael Haas laga+mythtv at laga.ath.cx
Wed Aug 27 20:53:24 UTC 2008

Hello,

the MythTV packages for Ubuntu Intrepid will include some additional
patches which are not in the release-0-21-fixes branch yet. I assume
some of these patches will end up in that branch at some point in the
future. We can't wait any longer due to the impending Feature Freeze in
Intrepid.

Here's a link to all of the patches:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mythtv/mythtv/mythtv-fixes/files/123?file_id=patches-20070814234534-5tizpxfox3sz2h7y-54

The most interesting ones are:

* 24_fix_h264_frame_counting.dpatch: this is a backport of
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/18104
* 25_skiploop_option.dpatch: pulled from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4653 - won't be committed as it is now.
* 26_h264_ffmpeg_merge.dpatch: pulled from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5645 - this should be suitable for
inclusion into -fixes
* 27_latm_audio.dpatch: pulled from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5487 - doesn't look too dangerous.

Let me know if there are any objections.

Note that these patches don't always reflect what is currently applied
to the stable version in Ubuntu. We occasionally make changes for the
weekly builds.

Regards,

Michael

P.S: I wonder if 11_add_myth_prime.dpatch would be a good candidate for
contrib/. It seems to (try to) stabilize firewire connections. I've
never used it myself, though, so I don't know what it actually does :)