[mythtv] Dynamic menus

Andrei Tanas andrei at tanas.ca
Tue Dec 2 03:03:57 UTC 2008

> > that's not how the backtick is behaving here... which might
> > confuse some people.
>
> Agreed.
>

> Something like
> <action>MENUEXEC blah.sh</action>
> or
> <action>EXECMENU blah.sh</action>
> would seem logical to me, although that is a larger code
> change than Andrei's simple MythThemedMenu::parseMenu().
>

> My other thought; should the code be clever and auto-detect
> both commands that output a filename containing XML,
> _and_ commands that output XML?

I don't like clever code, I like it to be deterministic :).
I actually thought of writing something like MENUEXEC initially but then
find an easier approach and got lazy.
Anyhow, I've attached MENUEXEC version is now attached to the same ticket
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5954).

Regards,
Andrei Tanas.