[mythtv] Live transcode while recording

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 11:12:12 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 10:45:30 Jonny B wrote:
> Now, I ponder, have you tried using the flash player in mythweb? I am
> streaming an episode of SNL from my backend at home to my pc at work
> right now with limited issue (well, the backend is a 2.4ghz P4, so
> there's a LOT of waiting for the buffer to fill.... but that's another
> issue easily solved with a new CPU/MoBo) Maybe you could contribute
> your services to making that more stable instead of reinventing the
> wheel and trying to implement an HTTP server in myth? It seems to me
> apache does the job better than virtually anything else you would be
> able to write, and is secure.

Mythbackend already has a http server and indeed we've discussed the
possibility of moving mythweb into the backend. However none of this is
relevant, the feature that Rene wants to implement would be welcomed and all
this conjecture and opinion is not helping the issue.

Keep the thread ON TOPIC, that means no more discussion about flash streaming,
the iPhone or for that matter any other remotely connected subject which
doesn't in some way help Rene with his objective.
--
Stuart Morgan