[mythtv] Segfault changing channels using HDPVR and SuSe 11.0

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 14 12:42:10 UTC 2008

On 12/14/2008 01:39 AM, Kevin Wambsganz wrote:
>> Are you sure you are running a version compiled with debugging?  That
>> BT says it is missing the symbols.
> Yes, I think so. I followed the instructions in the wiki. I added
> --compile-type=debug to the configure, then did a "make all", and "make
> install". Do I need to do something else?

You're not trying to build your own package, are you?  If so, that's
probably stripping the debug symbols from the binaries when the package
is being created, so by the time you install, you lose the information
that's necessary for a good backtrace.

If that's the approach you're taking, you'll need to talk to some people
to find out how to properly make a debug-enabled package or to make a
package (with the application) and a debug package (with the debug symbols).

Mike