[mythtv] 回复: how to allow Chinese TTF font in OSD?

Clark Lee clarkchen900 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Dec 18 14:52:02 UTC 2008

Thanks very much. I didn't follow the link David mentioned since it had been marked as 'outdated'.

I did try to add the TTF fonts to /usr/local/share/mythtv/ and it works! The OSD shows Chinese well!

I found some simplified Chinese font under free license from:
GPL:
ttf-wqy-zenhei          (Default installed in Ubuntu 8.04 if Chinese is selected)
xfonts-wqy

APL:
ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp
ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp
ttf-arphic-bsai00lp
(The license information are shown on wiki.ubuntu.org.cn ... sorry these pages are write in Chinese. )

These packages can be simply installed with "apt-get install xxxx". Since these fonts are avaliable in system once installed, why not MythTV just use them?

Clark