[mythtv] 回复: how to add one language option in Mythfrontend=>Apperance=>Localization

Clark Lee clarkchen900 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Dec 18 15:25:13 UTC 2008

Hi, Daniel,

Thanks a lot. I have added "Chinese (Simplified)" in source code and it is shown as one option now.
However, I didn't get the menu shown in Simplified Chinese after select this setting. here is what I do:

cd i18n
lupdate translate.pro;
added *_zh_cn.ts to translate.pro;
copy myththfrontend_zh_tw.ts to mythfrontend_zh_cn.ts;
use linguist to update mythfrontend_zh_cn.ts, added translation;
use lrelease to compile *.ts to *.pm
edit  i18n.pro, added *_zh_cn.pm
cd ..
make clean; make; make install

I noticed that the translate_zh_tw.ts is empty translation file (i.e. no Traditional Chinese is in the text). however, if I set the lauguage as "Hanzi (Traditional)", the menu is shown correctly with Traditional Chinese! I am really puzzled.

The information on wiki doesn't tell how to add one translation: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Translation

Clark