[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15726 - in trunk/mythtv/filters by danielk

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Sat Feb 2 12:30:14 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2008 schrieb mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:
>       Author: danielk
>         Date: 2008-02-01 20:55:20 +0000 (Fri, 01 Feb 2008)
> New Revision: 15726
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15726
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/filters/greedyhdeint/filter_greedyhdeint.c
>    trunk/mythtv/filters/yadif/filter_yadif.c
>
> Log:
>
> Fixes #4513. A couple small tweaks to greedy/yadiff deinterlacers
> from Mark Kendall.

This fix was wrong. Now there will all material be deinterlaced, neither
you select progressive nor interlace. Cause for preserve frame history
the function:
void NuppelVideoPlayer::SetScanType(FrameScanType scan)
enable deinterlacing for all "double_process" deinterlacers.

We need an additional flag inside deinterlacer plugins for a manually
override from the user or we need to set the interlace-flag inside
frame* structure if the user wants to override.

Two things must be preserved:
- double_process deints should get all frames to preserve history
- deinterlacer should know users decision regarding deinterlacing or
not, if no decision was made he trust the frame-flags

I don't know the impact of changing frame-structure, but i would prefer
this solution.
other opinions?

--
Markus Schulz