[mythtv] mythplugin_destroy not firing

Scott McElveen scott_mcelveen at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:51:59 UTC 2008

I'm new to mythtv development, I'm developing a plugin to support remote program scheduling.  My plugin's init method opens a new server socket to which I pass :: seperated strings with data on what channel and time to record a show at (coming from a java client).  That all works fine, the problem comes when closing the frontend.  There is no code firing to close the socket, I've tested putting the server code in a new class and adding some cout to the destructor, and I've tried adding some cout to a mythplugin_destroy method.  Neither couts are shown.  Can anyone give me any pointers?  This causes problems when opening the frontend again, since the port cannot be bound again, it's already bound by the last instance which wasn't destroyed.
Thanks in advance,
Scott