[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

John reidjr at btconnect.com
Sun Feb 10 17:04:50 UTC 2008

Chris Birkinshaw wrote:

> I would recommend that anyone interesting in getting mythtv compatible
> with Freesat have a look at the BBCs transponder 4 (the one that has
> the HD service on).
>
> ;-)
>
> Chris

Probably old news, but I see that BBC 1 East (W) is currently displaying
a red button, which leads to a screen similar to the BBC Freeview
screen. It has Freesat Trial text service written on it.

Seems to partially work on current svn, in so far as I get the butons,
an can read the news, but seems to only partially respond to button
presses. Fun to play with for somebody who knows what they are doing
though :-)

John