[mythtv] LastFM support in MythMusic

Willem Ligtenberg wligtenberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:03:11 UTC 2008

We have just had a bit of a discussion on the #mythtv
And this is the idea we came up with:
Add the support for last.fm (or other webradio services, later) as
playlists in MythMusic. The Last.fm playlist are automagically added
if a username and password has been given in music configuration.
There can also be decided whether or not to scrobble.
Scrobbling will also be implemented for the other playlists.
Scrobbling might be turned of from within a menu in mythmusic.
So these are the first ideas on the extra functionality.
Remarks are welcome.

The main idea is that this kind of code should get into main, not be
in a unsupported plugin, however I would greatly appreciate the help
of Eric or anyone else anytime :)

Cheers,

Willem