[mythtv] mythtv commit: r15901 - in trunk/mythtv/libs by cpinkham

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Feb 12 05:42:27 UTC 2008

>> I'm thinking that the caller of PromptForSchemaUpgrade()
>> should do:
>
> I think I handled all your cases in my [15932] commit.

Wow. That was fast. Cool!

(This is just like programming by remote control.
  I hacked together a spec, went to the Coffee shop,
  and the new code was checked in when I got back :-)

> Let me know if you see anything I left out.

I will test thoroughly tonight.

If I was being pedantic, maybe change
the first message when the backup fails:
(dbcheck.cpp, line 511)

VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "Unable to backup your database.

to something more tech-related. e.g.

VERBOSE(VB_FILE, QString("dbutil.BackupDB() to '%s' failed")
                  .arg(backupResult));

because the user-oriented/translated message
is now in PromptForSchemaUpgrade().

But that requires changes in DoBackup().

Should we apply to 0.21 branch? I'm thinking
it may save a few percent of user confusion.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Look at this!
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | Do you think I put this in