[mythtv] mythtv commit: r15901 - in trunk/mythtv/libs by cpinkham

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 12 06:55:39 UTC 2008

* On Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 04:42:27PM +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> >> I'm thinking that the caller of PromptForSchemaUpgrade()
> >> should do:
> >
> > I think I handled all your cases in my [15932] commit.
>
> Wow. That was fast. Cool!
>
> (This is just like programming by remote control.
>   I hacked together a spec, went to the Coffee shop,
>   and the new code was checked in when I got back :-)

Seemed like hours on this side of the globe. :)  It was a
race, I was trying to get it in before the branch.

> I will test thoroughly tonight.

Thanks.

> If I was being pedantic, maybe change
> the first message when the backup fails:
> (dbcheck.cpp, line 511)

> VERBOSE(VB_FILE, QString("dbutil.BackupDB() to '%s' failed")
>                   .arg(backupResult));

After looking at this, I totally ripped this VERBOSE out.
With the VERBOSE calls in DBUtil and PromptForSchemaUpgrade(),
we have enough logging already.

> Should we apply to 0.21 branch? I'm thinking
> it may save a few percent of user confusion.

All of these changes are in both trunk and 0.21-fixes.

--
Chris