[mythtv] Freesat (UK)

John reidjr at btconnect.com
Tue Feb 12 18:48:10 UTC 2008

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> David Matthews wrote:
>
>> John wrote:

>>> Probably old news, but I see that BBC 1 East (W) is currently displaying
>>> a red button, which leads to a screen similar to the BBC Freeview
>>> screen. It has Freesat Trial text service written on it.
>>>
>>> Seems to partially work on current svn, in so far as I get the butons,
>>> an can read the news, but seems to only partially respond to button
>>> presses. Fun to play with for somebody who knows what they are doing
>>> though :-)
>>>

>> Thanks for pointing that out.  It's on the 10847V transponder which is
>> the same as the HD service so this is obviously the one they're using
>> for testing.
>>
>> The MHEG profile for Freesat apparently includes features that aren't
>> used on Freeview so aren't currently implemented in Myth.  From what
>> I've been able to see this includes the Slider class which is in the
>> 1.06 profile for Freeview but not actually transmitted, presumably
>> because many of the set top boxes out there only support the 1.05
>> profile.  I'm trying to get information about the Freesat profile
>> although it's possible to work out some of it from the MHEG standard.
>>

> do we have any idea where, when and how the EPG will be broadcast?

_http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=704055_ suggests
that "Arqiva have confirmed to the Astra 2D Website, that tests are
being carried out on transponder C5, 11.385 horizontal polarization"

This suggests the EPG is on a separate transponder, as all of the
Freesat channels themselves will remain where they are.

John