[mythtv] LastFM support in MythMusic

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:15:40 UTC 2008

On 14/02/2008, Willem Ligtenberg <wligtenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any help on the code is appreciated, even PERL ;)
> But maybe it is better to use the new api, or as a colleague of mine
> pointed to me, have a look at lastfmproxy and make MythMusic depend on
> that. But I haven't had the time of investigating it further. But any
> ideas on this are welcome.
> Since this will be my first Mythtv development. I have just installed
> a fresh SVN version on my dev system, I have it compiled now, so I am
> good to go!
> This weekend Saturday night (GMT+2) I will have some spare time, so I
> will be in #mythtv, and see if anyone there is able to help me get
> started. The first and maybe easiest to do is get the scrobbling in
> there.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Willem

The code that was added in version 15222 is probably useful to your
efforts...
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15222/trunk

I requested that for my Perl script to make sure that I didn't submit tracks
that hadn't played for long enough...
INSERT INTO settings (value,data,hostname)
VALUE('MusicLastPlayDelay?<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/MusicLastPlayDelay>',
'240', 'HOSTNAME');

If you set that db entry when someone enabled last.fm in mythmusic, you
could then hook off of the code which sets the lastplay time to work out
when it is then ok to submit the track (you'd need to also check the song is
longer than a 30second clip).

Ash