[mythtv] libmythmusic on OSX

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Thu Feb 14 12:16:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 08:27:31AM +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> > Anyone else having problems getting libmythmusic to build on OSX?
>
> I haven't built plugins in a while, but will test in a few hours.
>

> > my build craps out at that point every time however doesn't provide
> > much in the way of useful info. All it says is
> >
> > [osx-pkg] Failed system call: " /usr/bin/make -j2 " with error code 2
> > Died at ./osx-packager.pl line 996.
>
> One processor of the parallel make is failing,
> many hundreds of lines back, while the next build
> directory happily compiles away.
>
> I usually do "osx-packager | less",
> then search for the errant directory,
> and examine carefully.
>

> There is no easy disable for parallel make,
> so if you can't locate the error, build again
> with lines 616 thru 634 commented out.

Ah the old parallel make build failures. Used to
chase them down years ago. Basically you must have
good dependencies in your makefiles or things won't
build in parallel that will when built in a serial
fashion. Anyway, that's not really relevant here.

Disabling the parallel make should just be a matter
of removing the -j2 flag. /me wonders how easy that is.

Stuart