[mythtv] Firewire STB keeps jumping ports in 0.21-fixes. Suggestions?

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 03:03:14 UTC 2008

First off, sorry to post this to the dev list however I have not gotten
any answers in the users list.

I am testing the 0.21-fixes branch on ubuntu and am running into a
situation where if I accidentally tune a bad channel with my DCT6416 STB
it will cause the STB to switch ports from 1 to 0 and back again. The
port is still stable and firewire_tester will still capture packets in
broadcast mode just fine however the backend does not realize that the
port has moved even though the UUID is still the same. Am I missing
something or is there a bug that causes the backend end to miss the fact
that the port has changed? What can I do to troubleshoot this and
provide more useful info?

Again, sorry for the noise on this list.
William Munson