[mythtv] committing to .21-fixes and HEAD branches before release?

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 08:21:38 UTC 2008

On 17/02/2008, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> 2. Is there any difference between the two and if so how the heck do I
> find out - and if there is no difference why do we have a branch already?

I cant speak for the devs as I am not one, but I think an important
reason that hasn't been mentioned to date is downstream
packagers/distros.

In particular Ubuntu (and derivatives like Mythbuntu) have a protocols
regarding the cutoff for new packages. That is, if they can't track
the branch that the release will be tagged from they will have to ship
0.20 in their 8.04 release in April.

The definitive answer to your question about the differences between
trunk and the branch can be answered by "svn diff <trunk url> <branch
url>".

HTH,

Roo.