[mythtv] Multiple recording files created - 0.21-fixes (r16102)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Feb 18 14:11:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 23:12 +1100, Matt Doran wrote:
> You can see the the first file get created (2509_20080218225324.mpg)
> on line 15, and then the second (2509_20080218225326.mpg) on line 136.
>
> Is this behaviour by-design?  Something to do with a "dummy recorder"?
> If it's the way it's supposed to be, that's cool ... just tell me to
> go away. :)
>
> It just seems a little odd to get the duplicate file and recording for
> each livetv view ..... and the error about the preview generation.

The file is by design, the preview generation error message is not.
These files used to contain an actual dummy video until some smarts were
added to the video player. Now the video player knows to just show a
blank screen while waiting for the backend to finish tuning, so the
files are left empty, but the preview generator is still run on them.
The error message can be safely ignored, but someday it would be nice
to patch the code so as not to run the preview generator on these empty
dummy video files.

PS Please configure Thunderbird to send normal e-mail and not multipart
attachments containing web pages. d*mn netscape is still septemberizing
the intertube highways from the grave!

-- Daniel