[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Feb 19 16:05:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 06:51:22PM -0800, Taco Mel wrote:
> I came up with some modifications to scheduler.cpp
> (mainly all SQL changes) and a new database table that
> allow me to do just what I want. Insert a row into
> that new table, defining a new start time and new end
> time for any particular recording (keyed off chanid
> and starttime, not a specific recording rule).  In my
> [...]
> What's the chance that this feature is important
> enough that the devs might consider this sort of
> feature, either using my approach or some other?

Is there some reason the existing mechanism for changing the ending
time of in-progress recordings doesn't work for you?  That mechanism
creates an override rule as needed and allows the ending time to be
changed.  The scheduler then picks up the change and adjusts the
in-progress recording accordingly.

David
--
David Engel