[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Feb 19 17:35:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 04:30:03PM +0000, Bradley Kite wrote:
> Please can you describe in a bit more detail how this mechanism works?
> I am trying to make changes to the recorderd/scheduler to watch the
> eit "running status" flag of programs as described in
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/315917#315917 but I
> wasnt aware of this particular bit of functionality! I think this
> would be a better way to do it than I am currently doing it.

Look in libs/libmythtv/programinfo.cpp and search for "Change Ending
Time".  That's where the new ending time is entered.  The GUI creates
an override rule if the recording already for a single recording and
then allows the user to edit the ending time.  Actually, the user can
change anything in the rule, but only changes to the ending time will
take effect.

Then look in programs/mythbackend/scheduler.cpp and search for
ChangeRecordingEnd.  That's where the new ending time is acted upon.
The scheduler detects that the ending time changed and notifies the
recorder.

David
--
David Engel