[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Feb 20 15:26:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 07:10:06PM -0800, Michael Rice wrote:
> Somewhere along the line it stopped working... I never was able to
> determine the cause... but it would extend the recording for awhile
> then stop without reason (i.e. the event was not over according to
> MRE).  I think it was some kind of timing issue but I never completely
> debugged it.

For how lone and how often are you extending the recording?  If the
recording ends before you extend it, it's too late.  Any extension
after a recording has already stopped is ignored.

Also, do you extend recordings multiple times by creating new
overrides each time?  That's not supported.  kSingleRecords and
kOverrideRecords can only be extended by editing the ending time for
the existing rule.  Doing it any other way can produce erratic
results.

> So if the solution is inserting override records into the database
> that code is already there (in MRE) and just needs to be debugged.

That's all there should be to it.  Add/edit an override rule and tell
the scheduler to reschedule.

David
--
David Engel