[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Feb 21 15:31:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:01:51AM -0800, Michael Rice wrote:
> And I wonder what happens if there are two recordings active using the
> same power rule... can there be two overrides for one rule?

If I understand you correctly, yes.  The same power rule can match
multiple programs at the same time on different channels.  There can
also be an override rule for each of those programs.  However, there
should only ever be one override rule for any indiviual program
(chanid/starttime).

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 08:34:12PM -0800, Michael Rice wrote:
> Yep this is exactly the problem.  MRE creates a new override everytime

Good.

> This query:
>
>       $qry = "SELECT * FROM record WHERE recordid = $recordid";
>
> needs to be changed to find the correct override for $recordid.  I am
> thinking something like:
>
>       select * from record where programid = $programid and parentid =
> $recordid;
>
> and if that is empty then use the original.  I'll work on it and see
> how it works.  No more games to try it on tonight.

That could work.  Don't you still have the new recordid from when the
override was created?  You could just use that with the first query.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net