[mythtv] Mythwelcome DPMS/screensaver issue (Resolved with PATCH)

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.com
Sat Feb 23 00:05:29 UTC 2008

Matt Doran wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've found a fairly new problem (last month or 2) in mythwelcome.  In
> mythwelcome, once the screen is blanked by DPMS/screensaver, pressing
> keys no longer re-activates the display.  Even pressing "enter" to start
> the frontend doesn't activate the display.

I've finally had some time to track down this issue.

The problem was introduced in r15354
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15354/).  Reverting this revision,
allows the screen to be reactivated by pressing any key.

In r15354, paulh changed the MythContext initialization to pass in
"false" as the first argument.  This has the effect of setting "m_gui"
to false, and the "ScreenSaverControl" is not created/enabled.

I'm not sure why this particular change was made, but the attached 1
line patch fixes the issue.  I suggest this be applied to trunk/0.21.

Thanks,
Matt