[mythtv] Funky 720p playback

Bill Cizek cizek at rcn.com
Sat Feb 23 15:52:53 UTC 2008

[snipped a long description of how some of ABC's HD programming doesn't
play right]

>     >
>     > I've seen the same thing on ABC HD programming in Chicago for
>     about the
>     > past two months.  It only occurs on HD programs, not SD programs
>     in HD
>     > (like Supernanny) with letterboxing.  I've tried finding a place to
>     > notify them about it but haven't and also haven't put much
>     effort into it.
>
>     I'm assuming that this happened to everyone again yesterday during
>     Lost?
>      If it did, how are you obtaining the content:  OTA or QAM?
>

> Does the issue go away after a pause/unpause?

I record OTA. It happened again with Lost on Thursday.  From what I've
found online, ABC has
changed something in the stream which makes it non-standard.  It doesn't
affect old programs
(i.e. re-runs from last Fall), but new, first-run shows are whacked.

Pause and unpause have no impact.  Neither does jumping around through
the recording.

-Bill