[mythtv] EIT broken in SVN ?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Feb 25 18:35:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 22:25 +0400, Dave wrote:
> Stuart Morgan said:
>  >
>  > > Hi devs,
>  > >
>  > > Has anyone noticed that EIT is broken in SVN ?
>  >
>  > Yes, we are aware. There is an open ticket for the issue. Best I can
>  > tell passive EIT has been broken since the multirec merge, or at
>  > least a change made around the same time.
>
> Great, so it's a known issue.
>
>  > > Whether i'm on the transponder/channel watching livetv or the EIT
>  > > scanner is running in the background, nothing gets populated in the
>  > > EPG. I've enabled backend with eit,siparser verbosity but nothing
>  > > obvious. Here's a snippet of the eit scanner running (note: nothing
>  > > got added and it just skips to channel 680 about 5 mins later)
>  > >
>  > Active scanning, as far as I know that should be working so this
>  > looks like an unknown bug.
>
> Shall i add to the aforementioned ticket or open a new one. For sure
> it's not working, i'm on the channel in question watching livetv and
> still no epg data being populated.

Active scanning can not work while you ae watching LiveTV or making a
recording. It is only started after the recorder has been unused for
a while. To test active scanning make sure it is enabled and then let
the backend run unattended for a while with "-v eit" after a few minutes
it should start scanning all your transports. (You can modify the
timeouts for active scanning in mythtv-setup under the General pane.)

-- Daniel