[mythtv] EIT broken in SVN ?

Dave dave at 0bits.com
Mon Feb 25 19:02:43 UTC 2008

Daniel said:

 > Active scanning can not work while you ae watching LiveTV or making a
 > recording. It is only started after the recorder has been unused for
 > a while. To test active scanning make sure it is enabled and then let
 > the backend run unattended for a while with "-v eit" after a few
 > minutes it should start scanning all your transports. (You can modify
 > the timeouts for active scanning in mythtv-setup under the General
 > pane.)

Unless i'm mistaken you're talking about passive scanning when the tuner
is not recording (or watching live tv). And i believe EIT updates can
take place when watching livetv - infact that is how i tested epgsnoop
whilst *watching* live tv and it gave me EPG data.

Please refer to my previous email, there is *no* EPG data retrieved when
watching livetv and no messages from '-v eit' either. Everything is
setup correctly and worked as expected in a previous svn a while ago, so
it is surely broken recently.

Dave