[mythtv] EIT broken in SVN ?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Feb 25 19:33:28 UTC 2008

Dave wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Has anyone noticed that EIT is broken in SVN ? Whether i'm on the
> transponder/channel watching livetv or the EIT scanner is running in the
> background, nothing gets populated in the EPG. I've enabled backend with
> eit,siparser verbosity but nothing obvious. Here's a snippet of the eit
> scanner running (note: nothing got added and it just skips to channel
> 680 about 5 mins later)

Active scanning is most definitely working. There's a problem with
passive scanning that the other stuart is looking into.

It might be that there are no *new* eit events being broadcast at
the moment. to test the theory, shutdown your backend, fire up
mysql, and run truncate eit_cache;

then any eit data that comes in will be used if it can be.

Stuart