[mythtv] Myth music

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 26 10:20:16 UTC 2008

Robin Gilham wrote:
> Greetings to all on the list.
>
> For I long time I have been disappointed with Myth's play list editing
> mechanism.
>
> I personally like to select to my play list by genre or album art. Myth does
> not have a mechanism to display album using the stored album art, is anyone
> currently working on updating myth music playlist editor, perhaps we could
> work together, failing that I will most likely hack together something. I
> kinda like a filmstrip look but any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> Robin

In my local version I have a album browser that lets you choose music
using it's album art. It shows the albums cover art in a grid view like
many other music players.You can choose to show only albums from one
artist,  genre, year, album, compiliation artist or only compilations
etc. I've tried several different layouts and so far haven't found one
that I like but this last one is probably the best so far. It's sort of
in limbo at the moment because of the UI rewrite and because of the
impending 0.21 release but for the moment it serves my needs very well.

Paul H.